Credit Direct Finance Company Limited (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘CDL’ or ‘Credit Direct’) is a non-bank lending company registered with the Central Bank of Nigeria.
You further affirm that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into these Terms. You may not access or use our USSD service if you are less than 21 years old and lack the capacity and authority to bind yourself to the terms and conditions herein.
If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, or if you do not meet the foregoing criteria, please select the “DECLINE” button. By doing so, you will not be enrolled or able to use the application.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- The *5120# USSD is a service we offer that enables you to receive information from us and to transmit instruction to us electronically, in relation to an account, loan transaction or other matter we specify, using a mobile device capable of accessing a USSD platform.
- Every instance of utilizing the USSD platform shall be governed by these Terms during each respective session.
- This *5120# USSD service is an extension of the several facilities offered by us. However, it can also function as a standalone product.
- ELIGIBLITY TO ACCESS USSD
- Our USSD is available to customers that meet our defined risk criteria and who are also current subscribers of a telecommunication provider. To get started, Users must dial *5120#.
- The *5120# service is accessible by all phone types (featured and non-featured phones) and Users of our USSD service must ensure their phones are always secured. CDL will not be responsible for any damage or loss to a mobile device as a result of your access or use or attempted access or use of the *5120# platform. The User shall also ensure at all times that access to the mobile phone used for the USSD platform is not granted to a third party.
- AVAILABILITY OF USSD
- By accepting these Terms, you have opted to use the USSD platform for obtaining a loan from CDL. CDL shall have absolute discretion to reject the User’s enrolment without adducing any reason for the same.
- CDL shall from time to time provide loan facilities to the User through the USSD Platform. CDL reserves the right to determine the eligibility and categorization of Users, as well as service offerings on the USSD platform. CDL’s decision in this regard shall be final and binding on the User.
- CDL may also make additions/deletions to the USSD Platform at its sole discretion.
- There will be no obligation on CDL to provide its USSD platform to phones that are incompatible with CDL’s specifications.
- The User shall not permit any other party to access his/her mobile phone or leave the mobile phone unattended. User shall not allow third parties to access his/her mobile phone using the USSD Platform. The User shall not be exempted from any responsibility or liability to CDL for any authorised or unauthorised use of the User’s mobile phone or access to the USSD platform through the User’s mobile phone.
- The User shall be liable for any unauthorised use of the User’s Mobile Phone/number to access the USSD platform and the User, hereby absolves CDL of all and any liability/responsibility in this regard. The User undertakes not to make any claim against CDL for losses, damages or actions arising out of the unauthorised use of his mobile phone/number.
- The User further indemnifies CDL for all losses, damages, actions and liability arising as a result of the Users failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- The User understands and acknowledges that in the event of loss or misplacement of their mobile phone, it can be misused to view and carry out various financial transactions. The User hereby indemnifies CDL for any such misuse arising out of the same. The User shall not hold CDL responsible for any loss that User may suffer in these circumstances.
- The User unconditionally and irrevocably authorises CDL to honour transactions completed by the User through the USSD Platform. CDL shall have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any transaction/instruction received from the User through USSD Platform or purporting to have been sent by the User via USSD Platform.
- CDL’s records of transactions maintained on CDL’s database shall be accepted as conclusive and binding for all purposes as evidence of transactions completed through the *5120# USSD platform.
- LIABILITY OF THE USER
- User shall be liable to comply with these terms and any other terms set out by CDL from time to time.
- User undertakes that they have the responsibility of notifying CDL immediately upon suspicions of unauthorised access or tampering with that their mobile phone and/or number.
- User shall inform CDL of any unauthorised transaction effected through the USSD Platform immediately upon awareness of such transaction.
- The User agrees that access to USSD Platform is through the User’s mobile phone as registered and linked to their bank verification number (BVN). Any transaction which originates from same, whether initiated by the User or not shall be deemed to have originated from the User. The User shall be liable for all loss from unauthorised transactions on their accounts if the User has breached the Terms or contributed or caused the loss by negligent actions such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Not advising CDL immediately from date of becoming aware of an unauthorized access to or erroneous transactions performed from his mobile phone or/and number using the USSD platform.
- Not informing CDL about a change in or termination of the Mobile Phone/Mobile Phone number.
- Disclosure of mobile phone and Number to third parties.
- The User shall take all steps possible to ensure that his Mobile Phone and number are not shared with anyone and shall take immediate action to notify CDL by calling Customer Experience Centre on 01-4482225 or send an email to email@example.com in case of misuse/theft/loss of the Mobile Phone or SIM card.
- The User is solely responsible for any compromise to their mobile phone/number and its consequences and CDL will not be held responsible in whatsoever manner for any financial / non-financial losses that occur or is likely to occur as a result of the disclosure of the mobile phone/ number.
- The User hereby authorises CDL to maintain logs of User activity and transactions effected by the User via USSD Platform, using whatever means and to use such logs for the purpose of establishing or verifying that a particular transaction/activity was effected through the use of the mobile phone/number.
- The User shall be fully liable and responsible for all consequences arising from or in connection with use of the USSD Platform and / or access to any information or report or any other information as a result of such use by the Customer or any other person whether or not authorized.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF CDL
- CDL shall, in no circumstances be held liable to the User, if access to the USSD platform is not available in the desired manner for any reason whatsoever.
- CDL shall have no liability in the event that the USSD platform is not available due to any reason beyond the control of CDL, including but not limited to natural occurrence, legal restraints, faults in the telecommunication network or network failure, software or hardware error, etc. Under no circumstances shall CDL, its employees, agents or contractors, be liable for any damages, whatsoever, whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and irrespective of whether any claim is based on loss of revenue, investment, production, goodwill, profit, interruption of business or any other loss of any character or nature whatsoever and whether sustained by the User or any other person.
- CDL is in no way liable for the services provided by the telecommunication provider in relation to the mobile phone and number. CDL is in no way responsible/ liable for the services provided and the charges levied by the telecommunication provider in relation to a transaction via USSD.
- The User acknowledges that CDL will take reasonable and practical steps to ensure that its systems in connection with the USSD Platform have adequate security designs and controls to manage the risks in operating the system taking into account any law, rules, regulations, guidelines, circulars, codes of conduct and prevailing market practices that may be applicable to CDL from time to time.
- The User shall indemnify and hold CDL and the telecommunication provider harmless against any and all liability suffered or incurred (including but not limited to liabilities, judgments, damages, losses, claims, costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees and expenses) by CDL, its customers or a third party, directors, nominees or any claim or action brought by a third party which is in any way the result of the use of the USSD platform by the User.
- The User agrees that the USSD Platform uses the network provided by the telecommunication provider. The User holds CDL harmless against any loss incurred by the User due to failure of network provided by telecommunication provider.
- INDEMNITY FOR ACCESSING LOAN VALUE ABOVE THE REGULATORY LIMIT
The User hereby understands and agrees that acceptance of these Terms serves as the execution of an indemnity for such loan transactions that exceed the regulatory limit of
N100,000.00 (one hundred thousand Naira), in compliance with the applicable regulations. Consequently, the User waives the manual execution of an indemnity agreement in this regard and agrees that this Terms serves as an indemnity for all intents and purpose.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The User hereby unconditionally agrees that CDL or its contractors may hold and process the User’s Personal Information on its systems or otherwise in connection with USSD Platform, other services as well as for statistical analysis.
- The User hereby authorises CDL to share the User’s details that are required to process a transaction with any third party service provider.
- The access, processing and storage of the User’s personal information with respect to the utilisation of the *5120# USSD platform shall be in accordance with Nigeria Data Protection Act (NDPA) 2023, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- CHANGING THE TERMS
- CDL, shall at any time, be entitled to amend, supplement or vary any of these terms and conditions, at its absolute discretion and such amendment, supplement or variation shall be binding on the User.
- An updated version of the Terms shall be made available on CDL’s official website or any other medium that CDL may adopt from time to time. On publication of an updated version of these Terms on CDL’s website or any other medium, the User is deemed to have read same and consents to such modification to the Terms.
- CDL shall determine the privileges attached to the use of the USSD Platform and shall have absolute discretion to change, vary add or amend these privileges and conditions attached thereto from time to time as CDL deems fit.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- The USSD platform and these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- In the event of any dispute between CDL and the User, the parties shall, at first, explore amicable means of resolution failing which they shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- In the event the User has any complaint regarding any transaction, the same should be brought to the notice of CDL immediately via its Customer Experience Center on 01-4482225 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Customer shall bring to the notice of CDL any error, discrepancy or omission in transactions noted by the Customer immediately upon receipt of account statements.