It’s almost summer and everyone is talking about travelling and treating their families. This is an amazing idea as it helps you bond with your family and relieve the stress of the year all the pressures and work related issues, But before you go ahead, we believe there are somethings you need to know. Using a loan to pay for unnecessary expenses, like travel or weddings, can be a slippery slope to poor financial habits, such as spending more money than you have. In general, vacations should be paid for with money you already have, and if you don’t have enough money, you need to save up until you do.
If you are also planning to go on a vacation or to spend quality family time and looking for ways to pay for holiday travel without going broke or living in unbearable debt – a personal loan is the right option for you. Many financial institutions including Micro Lending organizations are offering personal loans to feed your travel appetite be it for a domestic or an international vacation.
A personal loan for vacation can be the best alternative, but you need to evaluate the pros and cons before you make the final decision. So before you decide to take a huge gamble on a loan for vacation, please here are somethings to consider that would guide you through it.
Why personal vacation loan can be an attractive option?
- The process of personal loan disbursement is quite fast. For us in Credit Direct Limited, it is as easy as ABC and can be secured within a few hours. So for travel plans made with family and friends at the drop of a hat, opting for a Cash To Go loan will save you a lot of time and related worries.
- It’s easy to budget, easy to compute, your repayment options are stated clearly to you, so you can plan well. Which means right from the beginning, you know what amount needs to be paid back as your monthly installment.
- It is unsecured (collateral and guarantor free) loan, which means you don’t have to put your home, valuables on the line or put people on the spot to get funds.
Need Loans for Vacation? Things to have in mind
Since you have decided to get a loan for your next summer vacation, then here are some tips to note
- Set up a limit on your cash and your spending habits. This would help control your withdrawals while on vacation and in essence reduce the chances of overspending. Also, create a 10% margin on these funds for contingency expenses or any overshooting of expenses as the loan approval and disbursal will be done only once.
- Borrow within your limits per your repayment capacity rather than going for unnecessary luxury expenditures during the trip. Note that you are going to have fun and not to impress anyone There is a clear trade-off between the itinerary cost (including food, lodging, etc. costs) that you choose and your loan amount. Thus, if you spend above your means during your stay in vacation, you will end up stretching your monthly budget and increasing the chances of default at the time of repayment.
- Try to keep the repayment tenure as short as possible, while balancing it with your monthly budget. A longer term means faster repayment period. Also, in the future you may need additional funds for business, vehicle, medical expenses or a home. In that case your overall eligibility may take a hit due to sizeable existing loans that show up on your credit report.
It is very critical to note that vacations, whether they are planned well in advance or spontaneous, do not come cheap these days. Therefore, it is advisable for you to have arranged enough funds before you travel. However, in case your vacation expense exceeds your current funds, a personal loan can be explored as the best option. However, do remember that, it is important to use the funds wisely, and have a repayment plan well-arranged so you can enjoy your vacation in peace.
At Credit Direct Limited, we have tailored collateral free loan packages for you, your vacation would be extremely enjoyable with our loans, it’s easy, fast and convenient, and you can book loans and get payment within hours. Let us help you plan your next vacation. Call us today on 0700CREDITDIRECT, or 01 4482225. You can send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.creditdirect.ng/apply for collateral free loans.